The Gold Coast is every bit as fun at night as it is in the day. Ready to shine once the sun goes down, this tourist mecca has energy, pizzazz and excitement to burn. When choosing where to live, study or holiday, think about the Gold Coast and what it could offer you. Here are some things to do on the Gold Coast at night to get your imagination in gear.
Everybody loves a market! They’re festive, colourful and very aromatic. Go along and be tempted by the foods, dazzled by the lights and swept up in the fun.
- Miami Marketta – Grab a napkin, you’re going to salivate! Open Wednesday, Friday and Saturday nights, Miami Marketta is a street food extravaganza. Held partially indoors and partially outdoors, it’s suitable for all weather and the food options are incredible! You can even make a reservation in the special dining area. Live music and special events are ever-changing so head to Miami often. Grab a curry, a plate of Brazilian food, a helping of gnocchi or a serve of gozleme.
- Nightquarter Markets – Hugely popular and bursting at the seams with more than 120 food stalls, buskers, musicians, artisans and craftspeople, these Helensvale night markets are open every Friday and Saturday night. There are six different bars too! Family-friendly and lively, you mustn’t miss these.
- Surfers Paradise Beachfront Markets – On The Esplanade at the famous Surfers Paradise waterfront, you’ll love the salty air and sea breezes while you browse over one hundred market stalls. The Beachfront Markets have been going strong since 1995 and run from 4pm to 9pm every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday night. Pick up a bargain and meet the craftspeople who create beautiful jewellery, fashions, homewares, artworks, prints, photos, soaps and more.
There are other Gold Coast night markets too!
It’s the holidays, bedtime can be later! Take the kids out for a fun time on the Gold Coast. At night, there are plenty of things to do that the children will enjoy. Even a stroll through Cavill Mall can be fun, especially if it ends at an ice cream shop. There are street performers clamouring for attention, interesting people wandering around and lots of razzle dazzle from shops, music and restaurants.
On the mall, you’ll find Timezone, a long-time fixture in Surfers Paradise. It’s an amusement centre with arcade games, pinball machines, skill testers and video machines. Play laser skirmish, ride the dodgems, challenge the kids at mini golf or have a go on the typhoon simulator. You can literally spend hours in there and still not get enough.
The Gold Coast is where you’ll also find glow worms and the kids will love this night-time activity! The glow worm caves are at Tamborine Mountain and you can join a Twilight Tour on Friday and Saturdays from 4pm to 6.30pm.
There’s also the psychedelically colourful Putt Putt Golf at Mermaid Beach to 10pm and ten pin bowling at Ashmore. You can also knock the pins down at Strike Surfers Paradise and while you’re there, sing your heart out at karaoke or sign up for an escape room experience.
The Gold Coast is the glitz and glamour capital of Queensland and there are more than a handful of nightclubs where you can get out on the dancefloor and work up a sweat.
- Melba’s – A party institution since 1982, Melba’s on the Park is a Surfers Paradise restaurant, bar, gaming lounge and nightclub. It’s the place to see and be seen on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Elsewhere Bar – Friday nights at Elsewhere are for the Electronic Boogie Show, boasting the latest and greatest in house, techno and dance music. Go Royale on Sunday nights and dance to one of a huge line-up of local DJs, keen to impress.
- Platinum Nightclub – A 2017 half-million-dollar revamp has seen Platinum relaunch into the party stratosphere at Broadbeach! Book a VIP booth, catch world-class visiting acts and share an enormous ‘fishbowl’ cocktail with your bestie.
- Love Nightlife – Also at Broadbeach, Love Nightlife is the place to go if you have VIP goals. This high-end club has played host to some of the biggest R&B names in the biz including Jason Derulo.
With gorgeous weather most of the year, the Gold Coast is perfect for being outdoors. All along the coast there are kiosks, cafes and snack bars to grab something to eat and sit outside.
- Buy takeaway and eat near the beach – Choose from fresh prawns or oysters, pick up burgers and milkshakes or even just buy ice creams.
- Cook a barbecue – Most of the parks have clean, well-maintained gas barbecues so simply visit a supermarket, buy some meat and sausages, slap them between bread rolls and relax.
- Go for a dip – The Gold Coast Aquatic Centre in the Broadwater Parklands at Southport provides night-time swimming opportunities to 8pm Monday to Friday all year-round.
- Be brave! – At the Sling Shot Gold Coast Fun Park, you can volunteer to be catapulted upwards at more than 160 kilometres per hour! The Sling Shot will give you the most exciting few seconds of your entire life. Or, jump on the Vomatron ride, play mini golf or have a go on the extraordinarily fun bungee trampolines.
What could be more romantic than being guided down a Gold Coast canal in your very own gondola? Enjoy the spectacle of the lights shimming on the water and say “cheers” to your wonderful evening. BYO drinks or choose one of the packages which include dinner, wine and a box of chocolates.
If you’re not looking for privacy but want to show your date a great time, go along to The Star Gold Coast. Formerly Jupiter’s Casino, The Star is a luxury destination with award-winning restaurants and bars, spectacular stage shows and of course, the 24-hour casino.
Still not enough? There are countless things to do on the Gold Coast at night. Here are a few bonus suggestions:
- The Wax Museum – Get close to your favourite celebrities.
- Ripley’s Believe it or Not! – All manner of weird and wonderful things to see and learn.
- Dracula’s Cabaret – Horror-themed live comedy acts while you dine.
- Hard Rock Café – A worldwide phenomenon, drop by to party like a rock star.
- Hire a scooter – Zoom around the streets on a cool little moped.
- Climb Q1 – It’s Australia’s highest external building climb and you can do it at night.
- Infinity – 20 multi-sensual environments with special effects, music and illusions for you to walk through.