If you’re visiting Australia on a student visa, you’re required to maintain adequate health insurance during your stay. Before you cancel your cover, make sure you have the right health cover for the remaining time that you’re here.
You can apply for a refund if:
- you paid your premium and did not come to Australia
- you paid your premium on the basis of an extended stay but the extension of authorised stay was not granted by the Department of Home Affairs
- you are obliged to cease studies and leave Australia before the end of a period of approved stay for reasons beyond your control
- you have been granted permanent residence in Australia, or an Australian visa (other than a Student visa)
- you were not resident in Australia for a continuous period of 3 months or more but whilst holding a valid Student Visa
- you can provide proof of OSHC provided by another organisation which includes the period covered by the organisation
- you have paid for an incorrect OSHC policy that was not required
- you have paid the incorrect amount for a policy
- your dependant no longer requires coverage under your policy
- you and your dependants are leaving Australia following completion of your studies before your Student Visa is due to expire.
Please keep in mind that:
- Refunds are calculated on a monthly pro-rata basis, with a minimum refund of one month.
- Any amount that we retain on these grounds is treated as a fee for processing your refund.
- There is no minimum cover period payable if cover is cancelled prior to arrival in Australia.