Exercise plays an important role when it comes to keeping healthy.
Just 30 minutes of moderate activity every day can improve your health and reduce your risk of developing certain conditions and diseases.
Being more active can help you:
- increase your energy levels
- manage your weight
- release stress
- improve your mental and physical health
- feel more positive about life.
How to stay active in Australia
There’s so much to see and do while you’re in Australia, and a great way to see as much as you can is by getting out there and being active.
Here are a few fun ways to experience Australia and stay active while you’re here:
- Find a hiking track
- Go for a swim at a patrolled beach with your friends (always swim between the red and yellow flags and obey directions of lifeguards)
- Take a walk or bike ride through a part of town you haven’t explored yet
- Run along one of Australia’s famous beaches
- Learn how to surf
- Join a team sport at your local sports centre
- Take a dance class
- Join a gym