500 Visa: Overseas Student Health Cover

Get health insurance for your Subclass 500 Student Visa

Health Insurance for your 500 Student Visa

Are you coming to Australia to study on a 500 Student Visa?

We offer Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for international students on the 500 Student Visa.

Our OSHC is Australia-wide and lets you access medical and health cover if something happens during your studies.

If you are 500 Student visa holder, it is a condition of your visa that you maintain health insurance throughout the entire duration of your studies in Australia. You must not arrive in Australia before your health insurance starts.

✔  Meet Australian Government visa health insurance requirements.

✔  Receive your OSHC Confirmation Certificate online

 Australia-wide cover.

What's Covered

Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) helps you cover the cost of medical treatment while studying in Australia. OSHC benefits are similar to the cover Australians receive through Medicare (Australia’s public health care system)

Doctor’s appointments

We’ll help cover your medical costs when you see a doctor or specialist.

Hospital costs

You’re covered for hospital treatment and accommodation. You can choose to go to hospital as a public or private patient.

Emergency ambulance

You’re covered for emergency ambulance transport to hospital for admission and on-the-spot emergency treatment.

Prescription medicine

If you’re prescribed medicine from your doctor, you may be able to claim back money for items included in the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS).

Extra cover for OSHC

OSHC Extras will help you pay for some common health services not covered by your standard OSHC policy. With Extras, you’ll be covered for dental, optical, chiropractic and physiotherapy, just to name a few. OSHC Extras is offered by Peoplecare Health Limited.

Why choose Allianz Global Assistance?

We're ready to help when you need us

We're available to help you 24/7. Call us anytime on
13 67 42.

Access our network of medical providers

If something happens, you can rely on our large network of doctors and medical providers across Australia.

Get on-campus assistance

We have representatives on campuses around Australia, ready to help you in person when you have a question about your policy or need to make a claim.

More about the 500 Student Visa

The Subclass 500 Student Visa allows students from overseas to move to Australia and study full time at a recognised educational institution.  Visas are issued by the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs.

To find out more about this visa, visit the Department of Home Affairs website.

Accessed: Department of Home Affairs, September 2018.

We also offer Health Cover for Graduate Visas

The 485 Temporary Graduate Visa permits international students who have recently graduated from an Australian educational institution to live, study and work in Australia temporarily.

Allianz Global Assistance provides Overseas Visitors Health Cover for this temporary visa

Allianz Global Assistance Overseas Health - proud graduate

Other Visas Allianz Global Assistance Cover